Education and Campus Life in the Academic Year of 2021-2022 - 15 09 2021
The Atılım University Senate and the Covid-19 Board resolved as follows, in the light of the remarks and information shared by the Presidency, the Ministry of Health, and the Higher Education Council, on the education and campus life during the Academic Year of 2021-2022.
- The Fall semester begins on Monday, September 27, 2021.
- The Department of Basic English Department (Preparatory English) will have face-to-face courses two days of the week, and online courses also on two days of the week. Attendance to face-to-face and online courses will be mandatory.
- The History and Turkish courses (except for TURK201) of undergraduate and associate degree programs, and the ENG courses of the School of Law will be online, the latter of which was the case earlier as well; while all other courses and practice sessions will be face-to-face, at the campus.
- Attendance will be evaluated within the framework of the Regulations on Student Registration, Admission, Associate and Undergraduate Education and Examination.
Campus Life and Classrooms
- All students will be required to obtain HES codes. Students without HES codes will not be able to register for courses via ATACS.
- All students will be required to activate the Vaccination, Disease, and Test Status options on the HES application.
- HES codes will still be requested at campus entrances. Students tagged “Risky” on the HES application will not be admitted into the campus.
- All students and members are required to use face masks in closed and open spaces. Failure to do will resolve in disciplinary actions for students.
- Unvaccinated students, students for whom no vaccination information is available, or students who have not contracted Covid-19 within the last 6 months will not be admitted into the cafeterias or cafés at the campus. Such students will be offered takeout lunches.
- Unvaccinated students, students for whom no vaccination information is available, or students who have not contracted Covid-19 in the last 6 months will not be admitted into the Gym. They will not be able to join University Teams. Sports scholarships of such students will be ceased.
- Unvaccinated students, students for whom no vaccination information is available, or students who have not contracted Covid-19 in the last 6 months will not be able to attend Student Clubs, or activities organized by these clubs.
- If two students exhibit positivity for COVID-19 within a classroom, unvaccinated students, those for whom vaccination information is unavailable, or those who have not contracted Covid 19 in the last 6 months, all of whom from the same classroom, will be required to stay in quarantine for 14 days and will not be admitted to the campus. These students may be admitted into the campus on the condition that they are able to present their negative PCR test results at the end of Day 7 of their quarantine period.
- The practices in place at Atılım University for the pandemic period, and relevant details, are available at https://www.atilim.edu.tr/tr/home/page/4970/pandemi-donemi-calismalarimiz.
- “Why Get Vaccinated Against Covid-19?”, the article by Prof Dr. Uğur Gönüllü, Pulmonologist, and Atılım University Dean of School of Medicine, is available here.
We wish you a successful, and a healthy academic year.